Each day, a script is run, and the following actions are performed:
- Hull integrity for ships at sea is decreased by two (four if the integrity is already below 40)
- Bank loans and savings are compounded.
- Food tax (2G) is collected for all creatures at port.
Each week (on Thursdays), an additional part of that script is run, doing the following:
- Each player is healed one sick point.
- Each player who has been gone for over 7 days gets 4 sick points.
- Paychecks are sent out - 2G for every rank above landlubber. (ie. a basic level captain would earn 26 G/week)
- Landlubbers pay 8G in rent
- Income tax is collected (10%)
- Ship Shifts are changed. Ships who have done something at sea come back into port, and those in port go out to sea. Those at sea who have not done something yet will have to wait another week.